About us — The team
Department of Prevention and Oral Health
Carla Sofia Martins
Languages: PT EN ES
Oral hygienist since 1998 with a particular focus in patients in the areas of Periodontology, Orthodontics, Fixed Prosthesis and Implantology.
She likes to work in multidisciplinary teams and has a quick adaptation capacity.
Communicator by nature, with a strong sense of responsibility, initiative and dedication to the tasks performed.
- Degree in Oral Hygiene from the Faculty of Dentistry of the University of Lisbon, 1998.
- Courses by the Lácer de Buco-Dental Institute on Chemotherapy Antimicrobials and Oral Pathology for Oral Hygienists”, 2001.
- Practical Theoretical Course in Oral Rehabilitation, Branemark System Implantology, Dr. Paulo Maló, 2000.
- Course “Implantology for Oral Hygienists”, Maló Clinic, 2000.
- Course “Occlusion and ATM in Implantology”, Dr. Vicente Gimenez, Maló Clinic, 2000.
- Course “Risk Factors in Implantology”, Dr. Franck Renouard, Maló Clinic, 2001.
- “The Laser at the Service of Oral Health”, Instituto Superior de Saúde do Alto Ave, 2007.
- Oral Health Learning Workshop, Instituto Superior de Saúde do Alto Ave, 2008.
- Course for Oral Hygienists, Faculty of Dental Medicine, University of Lisbon, 2010.
- Orofacial Pain, TMD and Occlusion Course for Oral Hygienists, Faculty of Dental Medicine, University of Lisbon, Dr. Luis Redinha, 2016.
- Professional training in basic adult life support, Clinica Dentária Dr. Cris Piessens, Lda., Albufeira 2019.
- Theoretical-Practical Course on Implant Maintenance, Malo Clinic Education, 2019.
- Professional Oral Hygienist ID nº C-012961086
- Member nº 115 of the Portuguese Association of Oral Hygienists (APHO)