About us — The team
CEO & Periodontology Department
Dra. Márcia Martins
Languages: PT DE EN FR ES SV
Currently, she is divided between the clinical direction of Albufeira Health Institute ®, which she assumed in 2020, and the development of the Periodontology Department, that she leads for almost a decade, and the continuous update of her academic Resumé.
Upon living a large part of her life in Zurich, Switzerland, she moved to Portugal.
Her academic and professional career includes time spent in Sweden, England, Spain and Germany.
- Master in Dentistry, University of Porto, Faculty of Dentistry (FMDUP)
- Residency in Dental Medicine, Public Dental Service Norrbotten Country Council, Sweden.
- Oral Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Santa Clara, Cuba 2011.
- Integral Implantology Diploma. International Team for Implantology, Complutense University, Madrid 2012-2013.
- International Certificate in Dental Implantology. Cambridge Academy of Dental Implantology, Cambridge 2014.
- Endodontics Course, EndoAcademy, 2014.
- Periodontology (Advanced Level), Complutense University, Madrid 2015-2016.
- Periodontal Plastic Surgery and Peri-Implantitis Surgery, Complutense University, Madrid 2015.
- Diploma in Esthetic Dentistry, Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, 2018.
- Master Class Periodontal Plastic Surgery, Hurzeler/Zuhr Academy, Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt 2020.
- Ordem dos Médicos Dentistas nº 7847.
- Member of SPPI, Portuguese Society of Periodontology and Implants
- Member of SEPA, Spanish Society of Periodontology and Osteointegration
- Member of EFP, European Federation of Periodontology